FlyLocal NZ is an initiative of NZ Airports Association. We take the protection of your data seriously.
The following information lays out what data we collect and what we do with it. If you have any queries please do get in touch with Kevin Ward, CEO NZ airports at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who does what?
In almost all instances information you provide to FlyLocal NZ is not for our own use, but is being processed by us on to reach MPs and candidates in the New Zealand general election 2017. These entities and their parties may also have privacy policies which will also determine how your data is handled when it reaches them.
- What information do we collect?
We collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- details that you explicitly enter as part of a campaigning action and information derived from this, such as your electorate.
- information about your visit to our site and the computer you are using, such as your IP address
- any other information that you choose to send us via email or otherwise
- Tell a Friend services
We do not purposefully collect information about those who you share any action with or the details you use to log in to email services or social networking sites to access address books. However, this information does pass through our server as a necessary part of dealing with your requests. We make no attempt to store this, but certain automated processes (including, for instance bounced emails where your friend’s inbox is full) may reveal their information to us.
- Our use of your personal information
- Passing information on to others
The main transfer of information is to the originators of the campaign in which you may have participated. Each organisation will have its own policy in relation to how they handle the data from this point on. We cannot accept any responsibility for the misuse of data after it is provided to the originator of a campaign.
- Various processes we use may require the disclosure of information about you to our agents, suppliers or subcontractors. In addition, your information may be disclosed due to legal requirements placed on us, or to defend our rights and continued ability to operate. Ongoing use of our services in a way that may be considered harassment is not acceptable, nor is the use of false details. We will co-operate with investigations into such practices and may provide data in relation to such cases.
- Data retention
Details entered whilst taking part in an email lobbying campaign will normally be stored within the NZ Airports' Mailchimp database, to allow us to analyse or retrieve them. Details entered whilst signing a petition will normally be stored for up to twelve months after the point when the petition has concluded. Backup copies our database may result in your details being stored offline for a further twelve months. After this point non-personal data may be retained for statistical purposes, including a record of your postcode. Upon request, your record will be deleted from our live systems.
- Transfer of your data internationally
Our primary web server is located in the US and is hosted by Squarespace. However, certain processes may mean your information may be stored and processed in and transferred between other countries. Information which you provide may be transferred to countries, including the United States of America, which have different data protection laws to those in force in New Zealand. Outbound email is handled by the US-headquartered GoDaddy. The information you enter with the explicit agreement of it being made public (such as petition signatures, comments etc.) will be made publicly available to the whole internet community and therefore may be transferred to any country.
This policy may change occasionally. Please check back to ensure you are still willing to be bound by it. You may access any information we hold on you under the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993.